Welcome to RELATE’s documentation!¶
RELATE is a web-based courseware package. It is set apart by the following features:
Focus on easy content creation
See example content.
Flexible rules for participation, access, and grading
Versioning of content through deep integration with git. Instructors can preview newly-authored content while students work with prior versions, all from the same instance of RELATE.
Multiple courses can be hosted on the same installation
Allow students to write code into a text box (with syntax highlighting)
Optional second-stage grading by a human
Class calendar and grade book functionality.
Statistics/analytics of student answers.
Facilitates live quizzes in the classroom.
In-class instant messaging via XMPP. Works well with xmpp-popup.
RELATE is a based on the popular Django web framework for Python. It lets students participate in online activities, each of which is (generically) called a “flow”, which allows a sequence of pages, each of which can be both static or interactive content, for example a video, a quiz question, a page of text, or, within the confines of HTML, something completely different.
Table of Contents¶
- Writing content for RELATE
- Predefined Page Types
- Show a Page of Text/HTML (Ungraded)
- Fill-in-the-Blank (Automatically Graded)
- Free-Answer Survey (Ungraded)
- Fill-in-the-Blank (long-/short-form) (Human-graded)
- Fill-in-Multiple-Blanks (Automatically Graded)
- One-out-of-Many Choice (Automatically Graded)
- Many-out-of-Many Choice (Automatically Graded)
- One-out-of-Many Survey (Ungraded)
- Write Python Code (Automatically Graded)
- Write Python Code (Automatically and Human-Graded)
- Upload a File (Human-Graded)
- REST API
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Enabling I18n support/Translating RELATE into other Languages
- User-visible Changes
- 🚀 Github